THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to:
- Everyone who participated in this EPIC project! Every single book talk was amazing and I am so inspired by your willingness to share your love of reading with young people around the world.
- Every teacher, librarian, principal and (especially!) student who voted! Over 3,000 of you cast a ballot on the final four book talks alone and it's your participation that made this competition awesome!
- My partner in crime, Brad Gustafson, who invited me to be a part of his #30secondbooktalk idea! This has been so much fun and such a positive force for reading in the lives of so many young people! I'm honored to to have been a part of it! Kudos to you, my friend!
- ALL of the #literacylegends (Mollee & Tavia, John Schu, Donalyn Miller, Pernille Ripp, Nikki Robertson, Tiffany Whitehead, Cathy Potter). You guys are AMAZEballs! But most especially my big sloppy thanks go to...
- The #BroBrarians Stuart and John who ROCKED THIS OUT! I hope you all blast We Are The Champions throughout the library today! I <3 you all so, so much! Thank you!
Finally, as we've said throughout this project, the #30secondbooktalk challenge is all about providing a platform for more adults to share the books they love with the young people in their lives. So, if you'd like to replicate the #30secondbooktalk challenge with your students, all the materials you need to get started are here. The only thing we ask is that you share your efforts with us. We would <3 to see the epic #30seconbooktalks that you and your kids create! Have fun! Keep bringing the AWEsome! And HAPPY READING!