- I'm way jealous of #sharpschu book club. I mean unhealthily so. Whenever Colby Sharp and John Schu take to the Twitters to chat kidlit with their masses of minions and (usually) the author of their current book club selection, my little librarian heart skips a beat. I could join in of course, but that doesn't seem right. As someone who has taught middle and high school students for my entire adult life, kidlit ain't my bag. I'm more of a YA girl. Still, the chance to Twittertalk great books with one of my BFFs just seemed like a dream.
- I've forgotten how to read for pleasure. Well... not forgotten exactly, but I've gotten out of practice. I still read a lot, but it's always because I have to. The books I read these days are usually education related and typically connect to some kind of professional development. Don't get me wrong, I love this kind of reading. But since taking a new position on the dark side (central office), I no longer find myself picking up books for the reasons I used to: the cover looks awesome, some student said I just HAD to read it, a new book order showed up and who can resist new books???
Obviously, this is unacceptable. So what's a girl to do? Start my own book club, of course! And voila! The #2jennsbookclub was born!
I'm so incredibly excited about this because it's made entirely of pure, 100%, grade A awesome!
- I get to do it with my BFF Jennifer Northrup!
- We're starting with a book from the amazing Andrew Smith!
- Best of all, it has me reading again. But not just any reading. I'm reading for fun. For joy. For the sheer, beautiful pleasure of it.
The only thing missing is you! So checkout our schedule, grab a book or two and join the conversation. It's gonna be AMAZEballs!