Then reality set in. Despite my good intentions, I knew I'd find it tough to keep up with daily postings.
Not to be deterred, however, I decided to make a calendar of said resources. A visual representation of how school libraries rock, impact student learning and are evolving to meet the needs of today's learners.
Here's how I did it.
- I created the calendar in Pages for Mac.
- I saved it as an image file.
- I uploaded the image to Thing Link.
- I tagged one resource on each date.
Now... here's what you do!
- Scroll over each date to see the resources.
- Click the edit button to add your own resources!
- Pay It Forward: Share these resources with someone who is important to your work. And I'm not just talking about other school librarians. I'm talking about principals, classroom teachers, school board members, legislators, parents, etc. After all, for the next 30 days, you've got a great opener... "Hey, it's School Library Month so I thought I'd share..." I know you can do it!
That said, it's School Library Month! So let's celebrate together!